Saturday, September 23, 2006

I'm back, and I want my country! (I love country)

As you can probably guess from those last few posts, I've been getting pretty depressed considering the state the country is in, but I just got cheered up. By a country song of all things! Check this out:



I've always loved country music (yes, "I was Country when Country wasn't Cool" FWIW), and I'm a big Merle Haggard fan. In fact I've been a fan of his since before "Okie from Muskogee" and I really loved his last albums. Especially the one with "Rebuild America First!"

I guess I can't close a blog entry about Country music without mentioning Willie Nelson's drug bust. Marijuana prohibition is at best a waste of everyone's time, at worst a policy disaster that is making things worse than legalization would be. LEGALIZE MARIJUANA NOW!!!

No comments: