Monday, October 09, 2006

How to get the Usama clock?

Colorado Bob, who runs "Thank you, Keith Olbermann" among other blogs, wants to know where to get the Usama clock. I just copied and pasted the source code from another blog. I suggest everyone else do the same.

I rewrote the shpiel, and changed the spelling. There are only three vowels in Arabic (a, i, u). The other two vowels (e, o) are written in Roman script to to try to show short vowels, but I think it's confusing. There's no good method of showing vowel length in English. But I digress. You can write "Osama bin Laden" if you want.

Put up the clock and edit it yourself. I don't think we can remind enough people that this is the first time in American history that it has taken more than four years to catch the people responsible for an attack on the US and put a stop to their activities. The Confederates and the Japanese military were both out of action four years after Fort Sumter and Pearl Harbor, respectively. We can't let bin Ladin get away!

6 comments:

COLORADO BOB said...

Thanks for that comment about not having MSNBC. That makes the work worth it.... I'm still stumped though about the clock. How do I access the source code ? I'm running Mac. OS X 4.8 with Safari .... it doesn't reveal the things windows does.

Thanks again for that reply .

COLORADO BOB said...

What I like about it is that it's in the little window.

COLORADO BOB said...

Here's the code generator I used for the days since mission accomplished under my site meter at TYKO ... It's pretty simple for java script.

http://rainbow.arch.scriptmania.com/scripts/countup.html

Les Publica said...

Find the dropdown "View" menu for Safari. Choose "View source". There's a keyboard shortcut, but that'll do it for you.

Les Publica said...

As for your poll about Governor "Kinky", I'd vote for "Why the hell not?" Isn't that his slogan anyway?

Anonymous said...

Hey bob,

You're not related to Barefoot Bob, are you?