Friday, July 25, 2008

I sound too much like Barack Obama Sr.

"He was a brilliant guy," Obama told biographer David Mendell, "but in so many ways his life was a mess."

Despite his ambition and talent, the elder Obama's career disintegrated amid external forces and personal weaknesses, including the alcohol problem, which led to a string of car accidents. A crash in 1982 took his life.

Friends and family say his career imploded in part because of his brash personality and an idealistic belief, nurtured in America, that the best ideas and smartest people would always rise to the top. Confronted with the reality of corruption and cronyism in Kenya, Obama sank into disillusionment and despair.


All I can say is I don't drink and drive, and I try to take better care of myself than that guy did. He should have gone back to America and been an immigrant. I wouldn't mind going back there myself.

More here.

No comments: