Friday, November 03, 2006

I thought it would have been Boykin!

How did I miss this? I've been away too long, I guess. But the news is just getting too surreal for my taste.

MIAMI (AFP) - The top US general defended the leadership of Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, saying it is inspired by God. "He leads in a way that the good Lord tells him is best for our country," said Marine General Peter Pace, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.


OK, the guy is under Rummy in the chain of command, so he'd better say nice things about him, but "the good Lord tells him is best for our country"?!? I thought military were supposed to sign oaths to defend the Constitution of the United States. Hasn't this guy even read that Constitution?

Even stranger, OK, suppose this guy believes the Bible literally and thinks King Solomon talked to God. How does he come off thinking Rummy does, too? Or is he just being very subtly sarcastic? That must be it. It's very dry humor, over Rummy's head.

No comments: