Saturday, November 18, 2006

I'm back

I've been busy and I've been busy celebrating the Democratic victory when I wasn't busy otherwise. Maybe I should post a series of short pieces on introducing Islamic studies or something like that? Well, I'll post new messages as I have time.

I still am worried about our democracy, though. We need to do some things ASAP.

1. Get ballots with certifiable paper trails to confirm the voters' choices. The opinion polls very consistently overestimated the actual poll results as far as Democrats went. The obvious explanation to me is that the polls were rigged. Not enough to stop a Democratic landslide but enough to slow it down.

2. Repeal the noxious portions of the Patriot Act and the Military Commissions Act. I take my oath to defend the Constitution "against all enemies, foreign and domestic" very seriously.

3. Investigate the worst aspects of the Bush regime, to stop their crimes and promote the idea of impeachment. At the very least the public needs to know what the &%$#! has been going on in the Bush regime.

4. Try to change course in Iraq so that we're not going it alone any more. The options are so much worse than they were before or should be now.

5. GET BIN LADIN! Dead or alive. (But I'm not holding my breath waiting for the Commander in Chief to order that one.)

No comments: